Tuesday, October 17, 2006

These Titles Are Cool

LSAT class is just not hot. I have no life... I am sucking right now at it... and it is just really NOT cool. I guess it will pay off when I get into great law school and all, but right now it is hard. In addition, my freaking recommendation quest is not going well. Tell me why the two teachers who knew me the best are not teaching this semester. One is back at Harvard, and the other is freaking in France? What kinda luck is that? Oh yeah, and the other couple of classes I got A's in, didn't have GSI's (TA's) and it is kinda hard to get to know the teacher when you have to run to practice after every class. But whatever. I have some options, but I really just wanted those two to write my recommendations. Oh yeah, lets not forget the personal statement. Its actually going pretty well... I guess I don't really have to vent with that one. So I have broadened (most people say narrowed, but I was pretty set on where I wanted to go in the beginning. I am applying to five schools in the Maryland/DC area, one school in Southern California, and one school in Texas... I don't think I have to say what area I would most like to end up in. Any way, I have carved a little free time out for myself...

This weekend I went to a free jazz concert from KKSF featuring Richard Elliot and my favorite artist in the world Philippe Saisse. Now, I had been thinking about this for like 2 weeks... I took off work two hours early and everything. Richard Elliot was on first and he was absolutly GREAT. No Philippe got on, and he was not so hot. He was playing new stuff that I mean NO one likes. And the audience was just NOT connecting with him like they were connecting with Richard Elliot. It made me think. I think the reason most jazz pianists are gravly under appreciated is because it is so much harder to connect with the audience when you are sitting at your little chair. I will admit I was kinda disappointed, but I had to keep the aforementioned in perspective. Side note: he was much smaller than I imagined.

No comments: