Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ellipse

So is it just me or does it seem like Imogen Heap wrote the song, "Aha" on the new Ellipse album just for Mia Michaels or Wade Robson? So sounds like a song they could do a bomb dance to. Just them though could pull it off. It reminds of something that woulda been on "The Nightmare Before Christmas" or "Ahhhhhh! Real Monsters". Awesome.

And let me just take another moment to say how awesome Imogen Heap is... the new album is freaking bomb. It starts out kinda slow for me because I don't really like the slow ballad like songs from her, I need something with a beat behind it and then plus her odd voice. I guess that means I like the "trip-hopdom" style from here. AWE SOME.

"The Fire" was also great. So enjoy the solo piano for the entire song. Canvas is good too. My recommendations:

Swoon
Tidal
Bad Body Double
Aha!
The Fire
Canvas

Conclusion: this chick is beyond great.

No comments: