Saturday, October 03, 2009

Reflections Again

So sometimes I get really, really nostalgic about times, particularly my first year of college in Maryland. I'm not sure why I am today (actually yes I do, it's because I'm listening to Marcus Johnson- who always makes me think of DC area). So I was thinking about how awesome that year was.

Yes I was slightly homesick, but that was seriously the best year of my life that I can remember. Now I'm not saying that I've had bad years or anything, but this year was so awesome, I cannot even explain properly.

I had the awesomest roommate ever. She didn't talk and she was gone from Thursday night to Monday morning every week. So it was basically like I had the room to myself. I remember coming home late at night and opening my window and the breeze would just blow in. Then I would put on some Philippe Saisse and just let it put me to bed...

Just such good times man. And what's really funny, it was the first, and honestly the only time in my life where I have been social. lol. In high school, for the rest of my college years at Cal, and pretty much in law school, I've been kinda a loner. But it is a loner by choice. I have no idea why, I just enjoy being by myself more.

And I was an explorer...loved that. I would just jump on the metro and go to DC or VA like it was nothing. I guess I was just exposed to so many things and I kinda miss that. It was just somehting in the air, in the breeze that could make you happy.

No comments: