Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Red Gum Burned My Tongue!!!!!!

OMG son! I got a burn on my tongue from eating Big Red. WTF. I took a nap and had some big red tucked on the side of my tongue and then I woke up. I was fine for the rest of the day, but then this morning. The side of my tongue is swollen and it hurts like a bit my tongue AND scalded it.

It took me forever to think of what could have done this, and then i said, maybe it was the gum. So I looked it up on google, and I saw 2 accounts of this. One that happened yesterday! So, the semi-lawyer in me says class action law suit against Wrigley's man. That ish is not normal!

Update: on Monday, my tongue had swollen up on the side and it had blisters on it. It even hurt to talk. But today, it is just slightly hurting. I ate a lot of ice cream yesterday so that helped. Class...Action..son.

4 comments:

mytoly said...

I have been suffering with the same since April 2008. My tongue is still hurts. I contacted Wrigleys and they sent me coupons. My doctor told me it was chemical burns. When I first contacted the company, the clerk informed me that many people are complaining since they made changes in the ingredience. I want to file but, it must be a Class Action Suit.

Unknown said...

This has happened to me several times while chewing Big Red. I used to think it would only happen when I chew several pieces in one day. I haven't had it in a long time and I had one piece yesterday and now my tongue has many raised bumps and I can't realy taste anything.

Unknown said...

I'm not a big gum chewer, but two days ago my sister gave me a piece of Big Red during our car ride to the family Thanksgiving. My tongue has burns or sores on both sides and I am in major tongue pain. This royally sucks.

Anonymous said...

I am experiencing the same thing my tongue is burning blistered on the side my mouth is scaled. It hurts like Hell. Its hard to eat or speak.

I am going to see what compensation can be made.

It's just horrible!